On February 1st, the Ue- Japan Agreement enters into force.
This agreement does NOT provide as proof of origin the issue of the certificate EUR1 but only the invoice declaration.
The declaration is free for shipments with a value of up to € 6,000.00, while for shipments with a higher value, registration with the REX system is necessary.
Operators who are already registered with the REX system can regularly operate in the framework of the agreement between the EU and Japan, subject to the control of compliance with the rules of origin.
The proof of origin must be drawn up as a model provided for in the agreement and must also include the indication of the criteria of origin used as follows:
The codes to choose from are the following:
- For a product among those indicated in article 3.2 paragraph 1 letter a), or products wholly obtained or manufactured;
- For a product among those indicated in article 3.2 paragraph 1 letter b), products manufactured exclusively from materials wholly obtained;
- For a product among those listed in article 3.2 paragraph 1 letter c), products manufactured using non-originating materials (ie sufficient transformation) with the following specifications:
- For the modification of the tariff classification rule;
- For the rule concerning the maximum value of non-originating materials used or the minimum regional value content;
- For a specific rule related to the production process;
- In case of application of specific provisions
- For the cumulation provided for in Article 3.5 of the Agreement; that is, products obtained with Japanese raw materials
- For the tolerances provided for in Article 3.6 of the Agreement. It only applies to textiles
- The declaration is valid for 12 months from the date of issue.
An important novelty is the possibility for the exporter to issue a certificate of origin not only for a single shipment of one or more products but also for multiple shipments of identical products, within a specified period not exceeding 12 months in each case.