New measures for imports into Algeria were released on 1 January 2018.
The new rules concern various restrictive measures among which we can mention:
· Temporary suspension of the importation of numerous categories of finished products;
· Application of a new local tax on consumption related to certain categories of products;
· Increase of customs duties related to many finished products;
· New rules for the bank domiciliation of imports;
· Assignment of import license of the goods referred to in the import quotas from the European Union through an auction mechanism.
More detailed information can be found in the press release prepared by the Algerian Ministry of Commerce at the following link: https://www.commerce.gov.dz/avis/communique-relatif-aux-mecanismes-d-encadrement-des-operations-d- importation-de-marchandises